The Center for Innovation in Engineering Education (CIEE) envisions to advance the quality of engineering education
in order to develop academic and industry leaders in the global knowledge economy.
CIEE aims to establish an engineering education hub that is committed to develop synergies within a community of interdisciplinary experts to further promote exchange of knowledge and resources from the university level to the industry sector or vice versa. The Center provides support to the engineering curriculum development as well as in achieving target areas in research, teaching, learning, and assessment pedagogies, professional training for capacity building and other Higher Education Institutions (HEI) needs. We also manage industry linkages and partnerships to foster developments in engineering education. CIEE also organizes international conferences in engineering education and manages the publishing of paper publications.
To fulfill its mandate of advancing engineering education and excellence, the CIEE has three (3) main objectives:
- To provide support to the engineering curriculum development, assessment of graduate attributes, continuing professional development, teaching excellence recognition and awards, continuous quality improvement (CQI), selection and awarding of professorial chairs, mentoring of new engineering educators, spearheading research in engineering education, and direction setting to the college of engineering. It is also part of the objective to provide direction setting support to other HEIs.
- To manage the partnership development, internationalization and global engagements, sustainable resource generation, scouting of grants, donation and endowment, and establishment of foundation.
- To manage the conduct of conferences, technical exhibitions, and job fairs; as well as the publication of journals, magazines and newsletters, IEC (information, education and communication) materials, and digital content.
"The Center for Innovation in Engineering Education provides opportunities for the university's stakeholders to discover their
potentials and enhance their technical and creative skills in a vibrant academic and research environment. Through pragmatic,
innovation-driven activities anchored on industry-responsive programs,
[T]he CIEE builds on advanced knowledge and intellectual capital, which serve as the currency of the now and of the future...
...so that its competitive advantage is acquired in the local and global workplace."
Dr. TIRSO A. RONQUILLO, ASEAN Eng.
Batangas State University President
Education Advancement and Excellence
The Center supports the college through engineering curriculum development, assessment of graduate attributes, continuing professional growth, and continuous quality improvement (CQI). It supports educators through the mentoring of new engineering faculty, recognition of excellence through awards, selection of professorial chairs, and spearheading research in engineering education. It supports direction-setting for engineering within the university and among other HEIs.
Partnerships, Linkages and Sustainability
The Center manages industry linkages and partnership development, internationalization and global engagements. It also aims sustainable resource generation, scouting of grants, donation and endowment, and the establishment of a foundation. The goal of extending its connections to industry, academic, and professional partners is to address the industry-academe gap, ultimately promoting a continuous, consistent, proactive reshape and adaptation of engineering education.
Professional Activities and Publications
The Center manages the conduct of programs, events, and activities that support the academic and professional growth of students, teachers, and engineers. These include avenues to disseminate information within the university and beyond, including: conferences, technical exhibitions, and job fairs, as well as the publication of journals, magazines, newsletters and information, education, and communication (IEC) materials. The Center acts as an intermediary of the college and university to research, industry, and the nation.
ENGINEERING AT BATANGAS STATE UNIVERSITY
Engineering at BatStateU is housed in the university's premier college. As the country's pioneer in the full implementation of outcomes-based teaching and learning and the integration of Technopreneurship in its curriculum, the the 40+ flagship programs address the concerns of the present and requirements of the future by concretizing strategic initiatives in instructional delivery, research productivity, and community-oriented extension activities.
"With the continuous shifts in the academic and industry landscapes, the Center for Innovation in Engineering Education
remains steadfast in transforming challenges into opportunities.
We do this by having an innovation and technopreneurial ecosystem spurred by a research-oriented academic community...
....that puts premium to critical and creative thinking in providing solutions to complex problems. We train our students and other stakeholders to be industry-ready and globally competitive by instilling in them transdisciplinarity, social intelligence, new media literacy, computational thinking, design mindset, and virtual collaboration, which are skills required in the emerging professional environment."
Dr. REYNATO GAMBOA
Dean, College of Engineering, Architecture and Fine Arts
CONFERENCES & EVENTS
PROGRAMS & PROJECTS
- In support of the engineering programs, the CIEE develops initiatives that aim to enhance the curricular goals, graduate attribute assessment and continuous quality improvements by leveling standards and expectations with industry partners locally and internationally.
- The continually evolving demands in teacher skill and knowledge are measured and thoroughly translated into academic standards. The CIEE assists in this through skill acquisition programs for new mentors and selection and awarding of professorial chairs for experienced and distinguished faculty.
- Improvement activities include assessment and feedback from the learners and teachers, growing the body of research in engineering education. The CIEE engages the research community through research conferences, exhibits and events, as well as and through publication opportunities.
- Outward, the CIEE programs share developments with neighboring HEIs and seeks opportunities with industries. Job fairs, scholarships, and research grants help create a better society through dynamically improving engineering education.