I. General RequirementsA. Bachelors Degree
A foreign applicant who graduated from a high school abroad and has not enrolled in college may be admitted to the University provided that the following requirements are met: (1) completed secondary education from his country; (2) passing rate in a college qualifying national or international foreign-administered examination such as General Certificate of Education (GCE), the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or any equivalent examination:
- GCE: with a grade of E in other subjects covered in the GCE an two level A passes in the related subjects required in the course applied
- SAT: with minimum combined score of 1200 in Mathematics, Critical Reading and Writing sub-test areas.
A foreign applicant who has completed a bachelor’s degree may be admitted to the Master’s program, while an applicant who has completed a Master’s degree may be admitted to the doctorate program, provided that (1) the academic requirements for the graduate degree being applied for were met and (2) passed the University’s English Proficiency Test.
C. English Proficiency Test
Applicants whose native language or whose medium of instruction is not English are required to have a minimum score of 46-59 iBT (and its equivalent PBT) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and 5.5 iBT (and its equivalent PBT) in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Applicants must present a copy of his scores to the University. Batangas State University, GPB Main Campus I, Rizal Ave. Batangas City, 4200, Philippines. Applicants who did not pass the TOEFL and TOEIC requirements will undergo the Intensive English Language Program administered by the University’s English Department.
D. BatStateU Admission Test
A bachelor’s degree applicant who fails to satisfy the required foreign-administered examination described in Item I.A shall take the BatStateU Admission Test. Applicants who are required to take the BatStateU Admission Test are advised to apply for examination two months prior to the beginning of a particular semester. A Special Admission test may be given upon request. The BatStateU Admission Test consists of subtests in English, Mathematics, Science and Abstract Reasoning.
During the time of pandemic, however, the university implements interim guidelines on admission test for foreign nationals. Instead of taking the BatStateU Admission Test, other mechanisms to measure foreign applicants’ general academic competence are used. These include scheduled online interviews and academic essays. For details and procedure, please contact the Director for External Affairs.
E. Filipino Applicants from Abroad
Filipinos who graduated from schools abroad applying for (bachelor, master’s and doctorate) degree in the University must also satisfy the same requirements as those for foreign students.
F. Application for Deferment of Enrollment
A qualified applicant who, for a valid reason, cannot enroll in the semester originally applied for may apply for deferment in the succeeding semester by writing to the University Registrar. Such applicant must not have taken any academic college subject prior to enrolment.
- Accomplished admission foreign students application form downloadable at www.batstateu.edu.ph
- A non-refundable application fee of Php 300 for resident foreign students and US$20 for non-resident foreign students in cash, money order, cashier’s or manager’s check payable to Batangas State University
- Upper secondary school certificate with a grade equivalent issued by the Department of Education of the country of origin (if freshman) or TOR with equivalent grading system (if transferee) 4. Notarized affidavit of support including bank statements or notarized notice of grant for institutional scholars to cover expenses for the student’s accommodation and subsistence, as well as school dues and other incidental expenses (proof of financial capability)
- Photocopy of the student’s passport datapage showing the date and the place of birth
- Photocopy of birth certificate or its equivalent duly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post
- Authentication from Consular Section of the Embassy of the Philippines in the country of origin
- Certificate of Good Moral Character from the country of origin
- Clearance issued by the national (or federal, whichever is applicable) police authorities in the student’s country of origin or legal residence duly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post having consular jurisdiction over the place
- Medical health certificate issued by an authorized physician (from country of origin) including but not limited to chest x-ray, HIV and Hepatitis B clearance and drug test
- Official TOEFL or TOEIC results
- Student Visa
- For applicants in the graduate school, official transcript of records (1 official transcript of records and 3 photo copies) from the schools or university last attended and duly authenticated by the Philippine Foreign Service Post located at the student applicant’s country of origin or legal residence, and official examination certificates (certified English translations of documents must also be submitted), if any, (Duly designated authorities in the country of origin of the applicant shall authenticate the photocopied documents)