College of Informatics and Computing Sciences
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Program Educational Objectives
The alumni of BS Computer Science program, about three to five years after graduation shall:
- Help create innovations to ensure the competitive edge of the Philippine computing industry.
- Adhere to ethical standards in the practice of the computing profession.
- Ability to analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions
- Ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Ability to recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Ability to function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Ability to apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.