Program Educational Objectives
The alumni of BS Petroleum Engineering three to five years after graduation shall:
- Successfully practice in upstream and downstream industry and academe.
- Promote professionalism in Petroleum Engineering practice.
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Perform communication effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Perform their function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.