It is the responsibility of the Laboratory School to be a contributor in nation-building by instilling curiosity and a love for learning in every child, so that they progress into young adults and productive citizen of the society.
The Batangas State University Laboratory School being mandated by the Republic Act No. 11694 is committed to shepherd young learners veering towards leadership by focusing and adopting advanced teaching and learning on science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Thus, it establishes necessary machineries institutionalizing the following functions:
• To serve as a feeder school of the university;
• To provide STEM-Based Basic Education Programs;
• To aspire as a professional development center for teachers in the field.
• To create nurturing research environment for testing and implementing new instructional methodologies;
• To sustain relevant extension service and outreach program for the enhancement of academic formation; and
• To operate as an observation site for studying teaching and learning systems.
It offers K-12 basic education program, that is from Kindergarten 2 to Grade 12. Kindergarten 2 is offered in the Pre-Elementary, Grade 1-6 in the Elementary Level, Grade 7-10 in the Junior High School (JHS) and Grade 11-12 in the Senior High School (SHS) with Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) as the strand offered under the Academic Track.
The BatStateU Laboratory School, in light of its functions, aims to develop learners in becoming well-rounded, well adjusted, mentally alert, responsible, disciplined, law-abiding, and God-loving citizens equipped and imbued with right knowledge, skills, attitudes and values as their solid foundation for their entry into grade one, high school and college with adequate exposure to relevant training in different learning areas to prepare them to become productive and worthy members of the society.
Specifically, it aims to:
- To provide quality and relevant education to learners under the STEM-Based K-12 Basic Education Program.
- To promote holistic development through active involvement and participation in and off Campus co-curricular activities.
- To continually sustain pedagogical effectiveness through quality teaching and learning by:
- Nurturing quality teacher competence and performance.
- Sustaining the increased quality time devoted to instruction.
- Improving instructional facilities to provide variety of learning resources for classroom use.
- Developing learners’ strong moral values that will enable them to have the courage to face the realities of life and the challenges of change.
- To enhance learner’s spiritual formation and development through the revitalize homeroom guidance and integrated values education program and activities that will strengthen Christian faith.
Goals - Kindergarten Level
The Laboratory School Kindergarten Education aims to equip young learners with basic learning skills needed as they step up towards formal set-up of learning.
Specifically, it aims to produce individuals who:
- are independent individuals capable of performing basic tasks in school and at home;
- are sociable and can interact with peers, teachers, and other members of the community;
- have developed their concentration, attention and confidence as they perform engaging tasks connected to real life situations, and;
- enjoy play-based learning experiences that enhance their physical, emotional, social and mental development and values formation.
- acquire basic learning skills in order to engage in the formal learning.
Goals - Elementary Level
The Laboratory School Elementary Education aims to provide knowledge, skills, and attitude which are fundamental for personal growth and development. This basic education provides literacy, numerical manipulation, science and technology skills, communication skills, and values. The elementary curriculum aims to produce a “product” who:
- Can read with comprehension of both functional and recreational materials and can interpret and apply the values and attitudes learned in real-life situations.
- Has mastery of the basic facts and techniques of computation and uses mathematical knowledge to solve problems applicable to everyday living.
- Acquires knowledge, conceptual understanding, and skills to solve problems and make informed decisions in scientific contexts using scientific processes.
- Can express oneself adequately, concisely, and effectively both in Filipino and English languages - orally and in writing.
- Practices good manners and right conduct at all times.
- Can see and understands life realistically thus, realizing his important role, duties, and responsibilities in a growing society, and as a member of different social groups such as the family, community, and eventually the nation and the world.
- Displays love, pride, and appreciation of the Filipino culture and traditions; respects the ways and culture of people.
- Expresses knowledge and ideas and shows appreciation of one’s cultural heritage, through the fundamentals of music, arts, and physical education; actively participates in sports to develop sportsmanship and teamwork.
Goals - Junior Middle Program
The Laboratory School Junior High School Program, in light of its objectives, is committed to facilitate adequate learning experiences. The program aims to:
- Develop cognitive skills, psychomotor skills, technology ethics and digital citizenships anchored on the curriculum theory, pedagogy and assessment practices in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. (STEM)
- Manifest laudable soft skills and show deep enthusiasm on the challenging and unique area of human thinking and patterns of character. (NON-STEM)
- Cognizant of the fundamental theories and principles of research and know how to articulate them and when to use them in their field. (Research).
- Develop linguistic and communicative competence essential for self-assertion and knowledge acquisition of various subjects and disciplines. (Communication)
- Recognize the importance of spiritual formation and strong moral values in becoming both smart and good in thought and in deed. (Faith)
- Acquire leadership qualities and skills needed for ongoing and sustained personal and academic growth through student’s organizations and student’s school representation in academic and non-academic school activities. (Leadership)
Goals - Senior Middle Program
The Laboratory School Senior High School Program, in light of its objectives, is committed to facilitate very adequate learning experiences. The program aims to:
- Demonstrate adherence to and application of cognitive skills, psychomotor skills, technology ethics and digital citizenship that run in tandem with the curriculum theory, pedagogy and assessment practices in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. (STEM)
- Strengthen the soft skills and delve deep into the challenging and unique area of human thinking and patterns of character. (NON-STEM)
- Conduct collaborative research with students, educators, and school communities to generate new knowledge that contribute to the field, with careful consideration of pertinent ethical principles. (Research)
- Exhibit oral and written linguistic and communicative competence in both English and Filipino, as well as media and information literacy in expressing tacit knowledge to peers and to live audiences via creative multimodal presentations across STEM and non-STEM disciplines. Communication
- Demonstrate strong moral values and spiritual formation that stem from reverence for self and others. (Faith & Values Formation)
- Take part in various leadership activities and training that hone decision making, problem solving and inquiry- based learning skills vital for nation-building. (Leadership, Organization & Sports)
Student Outcomes (SO)
In keeping with its avowed objectives, the Laboratory School “product”, is envisioned to possess the following distinct characteristics:
- Knowledge Competence. Demonstrating a mastery of the fundamental knowledge and skills required for functioning effectively as a professional in the discipline, and an ability to integrate and apply them effectively to practice in the workplace.
- Creativity and Innovation. Experimenting with new approaches, challenge existing knowledge boundaries and design novel solutions to solve problems.
- Critical and Systems Thinking. Identifying, defining, and dealing with complex problems pertinent to the future professional practice or daily life through logical, analytical and critical thinking.
- Communication. Communicating effectively (both orally and in writing) with a wide range of audiences, across a range of professional and personal contexts, in English and Pilipino.
- Lifelong Learning. Identifying its own learning needs for professional or personal development; demonstrating an eagerness to take up opportunities for learning new things as well as the ability to learn effectively on their own.
- Leadership, teamwork, and Interpersonal Skills. Functioning effectively both as a leader and as a member of a team; motivating and leading a team to work towards goal; working collaboratively with other team members; as well as connecting and interacting socially and effectively with diverse culture.
- Global Outlook. Demonstrating an awareness and understanding of global issues and willingness to work, interact effectively and show sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Social and National Responsibility. Demonstrating an awareness of their social and national responsibility; engaging in activities that contribute to the betterment of the society; and behaving ethically and responsibly in social, professional and work environments.
Enchanced K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum
Office of the Principal
- Principal: Dr. JOSE ALEJANDRO R. BELEN
- Laboratory School Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elementary Chairperson: Asst. Prof. LORNA V. DACILLO
- Email: email@example.com
- Highschool Chairperson: Ms. JINGLE G. GUEVARRA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laboratory School Official Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BatStateULabSchool