Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
Program Educational Objectives
The alumni of BS Information Technology program, about three to five years after graduation shall:
- Help create innovations to ensure the competitive edge of the Philippine computing industry;
- Adhere to ethical standards in the practice of the computing profession.
The student outcomes of BS IT are:
- Ability to analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Ability to recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Ability to function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Ability to identify and analyze user needs and to take them into account in the selection, creation, integration, evaluation, and administration of computing- based systems.
ENROLLMENT AND GRADUATION DATA
The BSIT program has been granted Level II by the Accrediting Agency of Chartered Colleges and Universities in the Philippines (AACCUP) from July 16, 2014 until July 15, 2018. Figure 1 shows the BSIT enrollment trend while figure 2 exhibits the graduates for the last five years.
Figure 1. BSIT Enrollment Trends 2013 – 2018
Figure 2. BSIT Graduates 2013- 2017