Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Program Education Objectives
The alumni of BS Computer Science program, about three to five years after graduation shall:
- Help create innovations to ensure the competitive edge of the Philippines computing industry.
- Adhere to ethical standards in the practice of the computing profession.
The student outcomes of BS CS are:
- Ability to analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Ability to recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Ability to function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Ability to apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
ENROLLMENT AND GRADUATION DATA
The program has been re-accredited Level II by the Accrediting Agency of Chartered Colleges and Universities in the Philippines (AACCUP) from July 16, 2014 until July 15, 2018. Figure 1 shows the BSCS enrollment trend while Figure 2 shows the graduates for the last five years.
Figure 1. BSCS Enrollment Trend 2010 to 2016
Figure 2. BSCS Graduates 2011-2016