Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
The BS Computer Science program includes the study of computing concepts and theories, algorithmic foundations and new developments in computing. The program prepares students to design and create algorithmically complex software and develop new and effective algorithms for solving computing problems.
The program also includes the study of the standards and practices in Software Engineering. It prepares students to acquire skills and disciplines for designing, writing and modifying software components, modules, and applications that comprise software solutions.
Program Education Objectives
The alumni of BS Computer Science program, about three to five years after graduation shall:
- Help create innovations to ensure the competitive edge of the Philippines computing industry.
- Adhere to ethical standards in the practice of the computing profession.
The student outcomes of BS CS are:
- Ability to analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Ability to recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Ability to function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Ability to apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
ENROLLMENT AND GRADUATION DATA
The program has been re-accredited Level II by the Accrediting Agency of Chartered Colleges and Universities in the Philippines (AACCUP) from July 16, 2014 until July 15, 2018. Figure 1 shows the BSCS enrollment and graduation trend for the last five years.
Figure 1. BSCS Enrollment and Graduation Trend 2013 to 2018