Message from the Director of Library Services
The Batangas State University Main Library being a repository of knowledge and the heart of any educational institution plays a vital role in developing the students’ habit of reading and awareness in research. Guided by the University’s vision, mission and core values, the library envisions to obtain a world class collection of books necessary in the development of efficient leaders and professionals in the field of Engineering, Architecture, Science, Arts, Education, Information Technology and other discipline. It is concerned not only in bringing together variety of materials to support the curricular programs of the university but also to maintain the existing collection in order to ensure maximum usefulness. Our goal is also geared towards the effective and efficient delivery of library services to satisfy the needs of our valued clients.
The University Library as a complimentary partner in BSU’s commitment for technological advancement and educational excellence also provides the latest innovation in library automation. With the existence of the e-Lib and the Library Integrated System which features the OPAC, Online Cataloging, Online Circulation and Barcoding, our students now have fast access to information thus making them more globally competitive.
The University Library then invites users to come and maximize its use. In this way, the University fulfill its educative mission that of reaching out and sharing resources.
President Isabelo R. Evangelio Memorial Library
The President Isabelo R. Evangelio Memorial Library, popularly known as the Batangas State University Main Library is a two-storey academic library situated at the Batangas State University Main Campus in Batangas City. This library is divided into three “sub-libraries.” The whole second floor of the said building is the Undergraduate Library while the ground floor accommodates both the Graduate School Library and the Electronic Library.
The BatStateU Library participates in the research and education programs of the University by selecting, collecting, organizing, preserving and conserving books and other materials for the intellectual stimulation of its students, faculty and administrative staff.
The University Library envisions to obtain a world class collection of books necessary in the development of efficient leaders and professionals in the field of engineering, architecture, science, arts, education, information technology and other disciplines.
In line with its vision, the University library is committed to continuously maintain adequate, well-chosen and well selected print and non-print materials in support to the different curricula and programs of the University.
The Batangas State University Library aims to provide adequate, well-chosen print and non-print materials which are supportive of the institution. It also aims to aid the BatStateU community in their educational, informational and recreational research endeavors.
The Graduate School Library
Located at the first floor of the building, the Graduate School Library houses a collection of materials that can be of great use to the Graduate School students. The Graduate School Library also houses the Graduate School theses and dissertations as well as the Undergraduate theses.
Different Sections of the Library (First Floor)
- Depository Counter. Located near the main entrance is the depository counter. Library users should deposit their bags and belongings here before they can use the library. Users are also required to log their details on the log sheets provided at the counter. Situated just right beside the Circulation Section is the Information and Control Desk. The staff on duty will answer questions regarding location of the library materials.
- The Circulation Section can be found just across the Depository Counter. It handles the users’ borrowing and returning of books.
- The Technical Section handles the acquisition, organization and technical processing of books and other library materials.
- In the General Collection Section of this library, users will find a variety of printed materials written by foreign authors.
- The Periodical Section is the part of the library where you can find a collection of journals and dailies. The latest vertical file materials are also found here.
- The Integrated School Section found in this library offers a small collection of printed materials that will cater to students from the Integrated School.
- The Undergraduate Theses Section houses the compilation of theses conducted by BatStateU’s undergraduate students.
- The Graduate Theses and Dissertations Section on the other hand also offers the same type of materials. Its only distinction is that the writers or the authors of the said theses and dissertations were Graduate School students.
- A corner of the library is dedicated to a small collection of artifacts and memorabilia. This small collection can be found at the SentrongKasaysayan at Museo.
- The library also has a Book Display Corner and a space for the compilation of very useful audio-visual materials.
- Also to be found in the ground floor is the Office of the University Librarian and the Conference Room. The conference room may be used by the University faculty and staff. University organizations may also hold their meetings in the said conference room.
- Law Books Section
- DILG – Local Governance Regional Resource Center (LGRRC) a section wherein collections about local government can be found.
The Undergraduate Library (Second Floor)
The Undergraduate Library covers the entire second floor of the building. Formerly, the area was used for campus functions and gatherings but was renovated to house a library that opened to the public on August 2006.
The Undergraduate Library offers a vast collection of library materials for the utilization of the undergraduate students, the faculty members and the administrative staff of the University and other library users from other schools.
Different Sections of the Undergraduate Library
- The Information and Control Desk is located at the entrance of the library. The staff on duty will answer questions regarding location of the library materials.
- The Circulation Section is where the users’ borrowing and returning of books and the signing of clearances are done.
- The Technical Section is where the acquisition, organization and technical processing of books and other library materials are done.
- The General Reference Section is a collection of library materials which includes dictionaries, encyclopedias, atlases, almanacs, etc.
- The Periodicals Section is the part of the library which contains a collection of journals and dailies. The vertical file materials are also found here.
- The Filipiniana Section offers a vast collection of materials about the Philippines which is either written by Filipino or foreign authors. This also includes all books written by Filipino authors.
- In the General Collection Section of the library, users will find a variety of printed materials written by foreign authors.
- The Study Area is for students who want to have a peaceful and quiet venue for studying inside the campus. Students can also make their home works and assignments in this area; they just have to make sure that they maintain peace, order and quietness in the said place.
- Named after its donor, the Elena M. Panganiban Collection Section offers a small yet very useful collection of books and other materials that will cater to the informational needs of Graduate School students specifically on public administration.
- E-Library the section wherein there are number of computer units with internet connections and students can avail access in the internet for one hour per week for free. It is located at the second floor of the Library.
- Book Display
A book display is one of the regular features of the library. New books are displayed over a period of time before they are finally placed into circulation. Books that are on display can be browsed by library users.
- Automated Circulation
Computerized checking in and checking out of books is now being prepared in this library. With automated circulation, the library’s daily performance can be monitored and recorded. It also provides bibliographic information. This library computerization features the Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC), Online Circulation and Bar Coding.
- On-Line Public Access Catalog (OPAC)
This provides faster search for research materials on specific topics using the computer instead of the traditional card catalog.
- Library Orientation
- Library Tour
The Library Department conducts a library tour for students who want to explore and know more about the different sections and services offered by the library.
- Vertical File Materials
Materials of this type include newspaper clippings, pamphlets, brochures and booklets. The library personnel compile these materials according to topics and arrange them alphabetically.
- Customer Service
The library staff in the Information and Control Desk provides personal assistance to library users to help them in their information needs.
- Current Issues Awareness Bulletin Board
Located at the Graduate School Library, this bulletin board contains postings of the current issues in and out of the country. This aims to update the library users’ awareness on the latest happenings around them.
- New Acquisitions Bulletin Board
This bulletin board which can be found at the main entrance of the library contains a listing of the newest library material acquisitions of the library.
- Issuance of Referral Letter
Students who wish to conduct their research in other school libraries that are members of the Network of CALABARZON Educational Institutions (NOCEI) and other libraries in Manila may request for a referral letter from the University Librarian. All they have to do is follow the three easy steps below:
- Secure a request letter from their adviser.
- Present the request letter to the library staff designated to make the referral letter at least three days before conducting a research in the library of their choice.
- Report to the library a day before conducting the research to get the referral letter from the library staff who processed the request.
- Certification of Graduate Theses and Dissertations and Undergraduate Thesis
Upon the request of the undergraduate/graduate thesis’/dissertation’s author, the University Librarian may issue a certification stating that he/she had submitted a copy of his/her thesis/dissertation to the library.
- Theses and Dissertations
- Feasibility Studies
- Online Journals (ProQuest Resources and IEEE Online and Print Journals)
- Non-print materials
Library Automation Software (OPAC) – Follet Destiny Library Manageris a web-based Library Automation Software wherein researchers will have fast and easy access to Library Collection. The library also employs a Library Automated Security System that safeguard and protect library materials from“ unauthorized removal.
MAIN LIBRARY FOSTER WHEELER LIBRARY Regular Semester Monday – Friday 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM Monday – Friday 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM Saturday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Saturday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Sunday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Semestral Break Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Summer Term Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PMSchedule of Outside Researchers
Friday – Saturday
Requirements: Valid ID and Referral Letter from the School