Home > BS Food Engineering
BS Food Engineering
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
Food Engineering graduates after 3 to 5 years of graduation shall: Food Engineering graduates shall:
- Be at the forefront of advancing technology in line with food products development and processing.
- Assure the safest and most environmentally friendly ways of processing, packaging, preserving, storing and distribution of foods; and
- Be a recognized professional in the food indsutry and food enterprises with strong initiative and exceptional leadership and management skill.
BS Food Engineering
Student Outcomes (SO)
The following skills, knowledge, and behavior are expected to be attained by students as they progress through the program:
- ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve engineering problems.
- ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- ability to design a system, component, or process to meet the desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance to standards.
- ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- ability to communicate effectively.
- broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- knowledge of contemporary issues.
- ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
BS Food Engineering CurriculumClick the link below to download the curriculum AY 2012-13:
BS Food Engineering Curriculum